Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing ADHD, violent behavior and links to sugar consumption. In light of the recent events in Colorado over the weekend when a gunman fired on innocent people in a theater. Doc contends he believes the perpetrator James Holmes is probably a heavy sugar consumer. Outlining how violence is often linked to high intakes of sugars.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss medical mistakes and other adverse events associated with hospital stays. After being with his father in a medical setting for more than a week Doug outlines some of the things he witnessed. Starting with his father being treated for pneumonia several times in recent months. Chronic recurring pneumonia is a hallmark sign of some types of lung cancer. Finally after months of missing it Doug's father has been diagnosed with small cell carcinoma. When it was finally diagnosed his father had a four inch tumor obstructing his breathing. In coming days Doug will relate more of his experiences while dealing with his father's serious health challenge.
- Elloise has a friend whose two year old son started talking late and now stutters and has chronic constipation.
- Sara has two questions the first concerns her brother who has been diagnosed with a chronic inflammed gall bladder. Second she has questions regarding her mother who has been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure.
- Greg has follow-up questions concerning a diagnosis of tinnitis.
- Eva has a friend with several health challenges including fibromyalgia, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), RLS (restless leg syndrome), menopausal symptoms and chronic migraines.
- Lynne has questions concerning prenatal vitamins.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.