Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing what he calls "phycian caused diseases". Outlining several commonly diagnosed diseases asserting they are caused by patients following the advice of MDs. Starting with vitamin D deficiency which he believes is related to low cholesterol as the body uses cholesterol to make vitamin D. Many Americans have low cholesterol because of statin drugs or avoidance of choleterol containing foods such as eggs. Contributing to ED (erectile dysfunction) and Alzheimer's. He also discussing sleep apnea which he believes is a "made up" condition as snoring and breathing disruptions during sleep are normal.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding a Swedish study on knee injections to treat osteoarthritis of the knee. These injections called viscosupplementation where hyaluronic acid is injected straight into the knee. With the hope of spurring production of hyaluronic acid the natural knee joint lubricant. Looking at 177 reports involving over 12,000 patients Swedish researchers concluded the treatment "has minimal benefits and potential for harm".
- Jane has two questions the first concerns field workers who get heat stroke and how to prevent it. Second she has questions regarding a runner who has iliotibial band irritation.
- Ruth was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, scoliosis and eczema.
- Jim has two questions with the first concerning two young girls diagnosed with vesicoureteral reflux (urine backing up into kidneys). Second he asks what supplements the mother of these two girls should to prevent this in future pregnancies.
- Arthur has a friend who has been dealing with hypertension for over ten years.
- Terri was recently diagnosed with a cardiomyopathy.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.