Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a recent magazine cover that show a baby hold some french fries. The picture has a caption that states "when I grow up I'm going weigh 300 pounds". Doc asserts the problem of weight gain and obesity in the U.S. is the fault of MDs and government for telling people the wrong things about weight gain. Contending the problem isn't one of excess but rather a deficiency problem.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning an Italian study on the efficacy of taking daily aspirin to prevent heart attacks. The study of over 370,000 hospitalized patients found that taking 300mg or less increases the risk of major brain bleeding by 55%. Indicating that for some patients the aspirin is likely to do more harm than good.
- Angela has been told she has Lyme's diseasse.
- Ralph has a friend who has been diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis), hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and alopecia.
- Johnny's friend has hemophilic anemia and burning eyes.
- Judith's granddaugher was born with a soft cleft palate.
- Sherry has several health challenges including bone on bone arthritis in her knees, hypothyroidism and peripheral neuropathies.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.