Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing longevity. Asserting that the human body has the genetic potential to live to be 120 to 140 years old. Citing statistics from his book "Immortality" on how some cultures have ten times more centinarians than in the U.S.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two news articles regarding studies on changes in doctor's prescribing habits. The first article outlines a study that found anti-depressants are now the third most prescribed drug in the U.S. However, more than half were prescribed without a clinical diagnosis of depression. More over most of these are being prescribed by primary care doctors who have little to no mental health training. The second article concerns a study that has correlated a 50% rise in ER visits that were related to abuse of anti-anxiety medications.
- Jim is obese and trying to lose weight using Youngevity products.
- Debbie has several health challenges including tinnits, Meniere's disease, atrial fibrulation and osteoporosis.
- Alfred has heart disease and is experiencing lower back and joint pain.
- Pat had a mild stroke and has been prescribed Coumadin.
- Al has a cat that has constipation.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.