Dr. Wallach starts todays show discussing weight gain and obesity. An aknowledged epidemic in the U.S. with one third of adults and teens obese and half of all Americans over weight. Doc asserts this in not a problem of excess as is commonly thought. But a problem of deficiency as most Americans are deficient in minerals.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of news articles concerning the weight problem. The first a CNN story regarding a study that found one third of homeless people are actually obese. Most picture a homeless individual as someone skin and bones. When in reality the study found only 1.6% of homeless in the study were underweight. While nearly 6% are morbidly obese with a BMI greater than 40.
- Rex has a mechanical heart valve and has been prescribed the blood thinner Coumadin. He has just received the "Healthy Start Pack" from Youngevity which has a large amount of blood thinning vitamin K. Giving him concerns of thinning his blood too much.
- Merym is on dialysis with 5% kidney function but wants to get off of the dialysis.
- Bill's wife is four months pregnant and is experiencing abdominal pain.
- Marty has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and his doctor wants to perform surgery.
- Barbara's doctor has told her the jelly in her eyes is pulling away from the wall and nothing can be done.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.