Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the death of entertainer Dick Clark. Apparently his death has been attributed to complications with an outpatient surgery. Which is also what was said about the death of news commentator Andy Rooney. Doc asserts that both were most likely outpatient colonoscopies in which the colon was punctured. Usually resulting in sepsis and often ultimatelly death in the end.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding a review of cancer research studies. The review published in the journal Nature looked at 53 "landmark" cancer studies from past years. Researchers tried to replicate the studies and get the same results as the first study. Unfortunately they could not replicate 47 of the 53 studies translating to 88%. The authors of the review believe the original reasearchers fabricated findings in order to get headlines that would result in continued grants for continued studies. Another study from 2009 found the same thing when reviewing studies on Parkinson's and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- AJ has a friend diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Chuck's dad has been diagnosed with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia (resulting in too many white blood cells).
- Amy's dog recently stopped eating and is very lethargic.
- Victor was biten by a tick and wants to boost his immune system in case he's been exposed to Lyme's disease.
- Octaviano's mother is a type 2 diabetic with tinnitis and agina.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-10850 or toll free at 888-379-2552.