Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a Wallstreet Journal article on the health benefits of chocolate. Doc explains that flavanols in chocolate are now thought of as a third kind of vitamins. Explaining people in South America have been using chocolate for it's health benefits for hundreds of years.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a two news articles on osteoporosis. The first article is about the FDA's decision to approve a generic form of the bisphosphanate osteoporosis drug Boniva. Despite the fact that in 2004 the FDA and Novartis the maker of another bisphosphanate drug Aredia warned dentists that these types of drugs have been linked to osteonecrosis of the jaw. Or better known as "jaw death" syndrome due loss of blood supply and infections.
- AJ's wife has been diagnosed with anemia due to low blood iron levels.
- Don has questions regarding cystic fibrosis.
- Lillian is experiencing burning and numbness in one leg.
- Holly's husband has been on prednisone for long periods of time. Causing extreme weight gain and he also has rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes and spinal swelling.
- Sandy works with Alzheimer's patients and asks Dr. Wallach for a basic program to help her patients.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.