Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing heart disease the number one killer of Americans. Citing a story about a heart surgeon Dr. Lundell who has performed over 5000 heart procedures. Now saying that elevated blood cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease. Instead saying that the build up of plaque in the arteries is caused by inflammation in the arteries. Something Dr. Wallach wrote a paper about back in 1971.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story regarding a report released by the Alzheimer's Association. The report states that caring for the 5..4 million Alzheimer's patients this year will cost $200 billion. With that figure rising to $1.1 trillion by the year 2050 as experts expect the number of Americans with Alzheimer's to increase to more than 14 million. Doc asserts that Alzheimer's is a doctor caused disease because of the increasing use of statin drugs.
- Tommy has a friend diagnosed with brow ptosis a saggy of the tissue around and above the eyelids.
- Meg has questions regarding her son and husband who are both lactose intolerant.
- Vicki has two questions the first concerns her prolapsed uterus. Second she has questions regarding sinus infections.
- Marilyn has questions regarding hypertension, neck pain, tinnitis and atrial fibrulation.
- Darryll has hypertension, joint pain and is obese.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.