Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article concerning weight loss. The article states that new research is indicating that exercise alone won't translate to weight loss. As Doc points out that exercise without supplementation just makes the problem worse. Because he contends that nutritional deficiencies are the cause of weight gain.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article about weight gain and connections to fatty foods. As Doc has stated for years "fat doesn't make people fat....sugar makes people fat". As usual the dietitian who wrote the article got some thing right and some wrong. The concept that some fats like omega 3s and omega 6s are actually essential because the human body doesn't make them. But the dietitian contends that olive oil is a good fat. However, Doc strongly disagrees asserting that these fat tend to go rancid quickly and when cooked at high temperatures they turn into bad fats.
- Tracy has a follow-up call regarding her son who has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Tommy has some general questions concerning sickle cell anemia.
- David is having difficulty gaining weight.
- Pricilla's father has been diagnosed with scleral edema.
- Betty's sister has gotten a diagnosis of adenolymphoma.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.