Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article concerning a study on marathon runners and any link to increased risk of cardiomyopathy heart attacks. The study results indicate these runners are no more likely to die from a heart attack than the general public. Doc asserts that any deaths due to cardiomyopathy heart attacks are not acceptable. Contending this type of heart attack are caused by a selenium deficiency.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two news articles that relate to topics Dr. Wallach discusses frequently. The first is a study from Sweden that people who ate processed bacon or sausage (1.8 ounces) daily had a 20% increased risk of pancreatic cancer. Those who consumed 3.5 ounces had 38% increased risk and those eating 5.3 ounces had a 57% increased risk of pancreatic cancer. Next they discuss a study from Denmark people who drinking one liter of regular soda daily had 25% more fat surrounding organs and nearly doubled the amount of fat in the liver and muscle.
- Pat has diverticulitis and has questions regarding the gluten free diet.
- Marcus's mother has several health challenges including gall stones, dizziness, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Mathew has been diagnose with an abdominal aneurysm.
- Ruth's dog is having seizures.
- Bruce recently became aware that he has type 2 diabetes.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.