Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the 80 million "baby boomers" 5 million of which have hit the Medicare system in the last couple of years. Putting a tremendous strain on the system. Doc contends that within just a few short years the Medicare system will be broke. He recommends that people be prepared to not be dependent on that system. Asserting that people should join the FDI-Youngevity team so they can control their own health and financial destiny.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two news stories regarding health. The first is a recap of the CDC's (Centers for Disease Prevention and Control) list of the top 15 causes of death in the U.S. For the first time 45 years homocide is not on the list as it has dropped to number 16. Replaced by a respiratory illness that strikes the elderly called pneumonitis. However, no mention is made in the list of all the people killed in hospital settings every year. Those numbers easily top out the list above heart disease which the CDC lists as number 1. Next they briefly discuss an outbreak of Legionaire's disease that was traced to a decorative fountain in a hospital lobby.
- Pat's husband broke his back and is in a great deal of pain.
- Pam's parents have both been put on statin drugs and her mother is also taking high blood pressure medications.
- Terry has a friend diagnosed with degenerative disk disease.
- Carrie has a dry skin patch on her nose that she suspects could be cancer.
- Diana has two questions the first concerns herself who has been diagnosed with lupus. Second she has questions regarding her son who has had a chronic cough for a couple of months.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.