Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach today. Dr. Glidden starts the show stating that today is World Osteoporosis Day. Outlining how healthy bones are maintained by the human body. Citing that bones have two processes that are always at work. Bones have cells called "osteoclasts" that break down and remove old bone. While a second set of cells called "osteoblasts" that build new bone.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Glidden continue discussing World Osteoporosis Day. Reviewing a report released by the International Osteoporosis Foundation. The 24 page report promotes a three step plan for healthy bones. Recommending first to intake sufficient vitamin D. Second asserting diets should include the right amounts of calcium and protein. Finally recommending daily weight-bearing excercise.
- Beverly was recently diagnosed with disks in her neck that are starting to fuse.
- Brenda has a friend diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
- Isaiah has been diagnosed with low testosterone levels.
- Cheryl was told by her doctor that her cholesterol levels are too high.
- Susan is trying to conceive without success and has been told she has elevated levels of prolactin.
- Gayles asks Dr. Glidden how a person call tell if they have osteoporosis.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.