Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach and starts the show asserting that "there is NO free medical market". Alluding to the fact that private or government sponsored insurance only covers allopathic treatment. Meaning the type of medicine practiced by medical doctors and naturopathic medicine usually is not covered by insurance.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss article concerning the overuse of antibiotics. The story is an opinion piece written by a Dr. Martin Blaser who contends that while antiobiotics are useful they a prescribed way too often. He also asserts that this overuse could lead to long term health problems that are increasing such as type 1 diabetes, allergies and inflammatory bowel disease by destroying the "good bacteria" in the intestinal tract.
- William is a type 1 diabetic with peripheral artery disease and has already had two toes amputated.
- Tish's husband has been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Suzy has a friend diagnosed with osteopenia and degenerative disk disease.
- Larry has a friend with type 2 diabetes and also has chronically low energy.
- Tom has complete nasal blockage due to polyps.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.