Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a report that came out a couple of years ago that predicts an impending epidemic of arthritis. Doc asserts that this doesn't have to happen. Contending that osteoarthritis is preventable and reversible with proper diet and nutrition.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach disucss two health related news stories. The first concerns two doctors that are facing charges of neglect for amputating the wrong leg. Next they discuss a report from the FDA that warns doctors and patients of an increased risk of femur fractures in people taking bisphosphonate drugs like Fosamax and Boniva for five years or longer.
- Pat has questions concerning a friend's dog that has been diagnosed with bone cancer.
- Mary has questions concerning grains that contain phytates that may hinder absorbtion.
- BJ has been diagnosed with seizure disorder and diabetes.
- Dorothy asks Dr. Wallach for a dietary plan for someone with gout and also his opinion of prednizone.
- Ann's husband is expiencing arm and chest pain but an EKG has ruled out heart disease.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.