Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing weight gain and obesity. Contending that while main stream medicine treats it as disease of excess it's actually a disease of deficiency. Asserting that binge eating, over eating and the munchies are actually caused by mineral deficiencies.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a research study on bariatric surgery. The study found after following bariatric surgery patients for 10 years after the procedure they had a substantially higher risk of suicide compared to the normal population. Researchers were uncertain as to what the cause is however Dr. Wallach contends that it is due nutritional deficiencies.
- Barbara has a friend with lupus and wants a nutritional supplement plan.
- Elbie asks Doc for a supplement plan for someone diagnosed with cancer.
- Randy wants to gain weight.
- Vee asks Dr. Wallach his opinion of the benefits versus the risks of colonoscopy procedures.
- Rick is experiencing recurring stomach pain.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.