Dr. Wallach starts the show today reading the obituary of a doctor who at one point in her career was the director of the National Institutes of Health. She died from a tumor at the age of 66. Doc also outlines the statistics regarding medical mistakes that happen every year in the U.S.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two news articles both concerning studies on noise in the operating room. The first story is regarding a study that found more noise in the OR related to more surgery site infections. The second article was an editorial written by a plastic surgeon who tells of the music that he and other surgeons listen to during surgery. He also contends that some types of music often offends others on the surgical team.
- Michael's cat has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and a heart arrhythmia.
- John has a friend diagnosed with muscular dystrophy.
- Bill has been experiencing should pain that has been diagnosed as bursitis.
- Diane is trying to lose weight.
- Kylie has a great testimonial on how Doc was able to diagnose her with Celiac disease and now she's doing great.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.