Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach discusses a news article concerning a recent study on low carb diets. The study is part of the Harvard Nurses Health study and found no correlation between a low carbohydrate diet and an increased risk of heart disease. Doc also asserts that the amount of fat in the diet is not an issue. But the quality of the fat and whether or not it has been heated beyond 400 degrees.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of recent news stories. The first concerns the recall of 11 million bottles of acetaminophen by the Perrigo Co. This company supplies the drug to retailers such as Walmart, CVS, Safeway and SuperValu Inc. for their name brand labels. Second Doug and Doc discuss report put out by Dr. Jess Shatkin director of education and training at New York University's Child Study Center. The report states that one out of every 40 babies in America are depressed. Doc contends this is an effort to increase drug sales and the problem most likely stems from too much sugar in the baby and mother's diets.
- Ernst has questions concerning a toe fungus on a 14 year old boy.
- LaDon has three questions with the first concerning a woman on hypertension medication and concerns as to whether or not nutritional supplementation will intefere with the medication. The second question is concerns about interactions between statin drugs and nutrients. Finally he asks Dr. Wallach for a remedy for chronic sinus infections.
- Kevin asks Dr. Wallach for a nutritional plan to avoid gout attacks.
- Lou has questions regarding fat absorption.
- Tony asks Dr. Wallach for a nutritional plan he avoid anxiety attacks.