Dr. Wallach starts today's show discussing obesity, diabetes and the metabolic syndrome. Asserting that all of the diseases are the result of nutritional deficiencies. Outlining how his "Hell's Kitchen" book explains the advent of the upward spiral of these diseases.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news stories. The first concerns a German research study that found cocoa was much better at reducing hypertension than teas. Next Doug and Doc talk about a report that indicates that the proportion of obese people 100 pound or more over-weight grew by more than 50% in the past five years.
- Ted has a two year old son suffering from severe allergies.
- Merlin's 87 year old mother was diagnosed with cancer two months ago and had tumors removed from her bladder.
- Brenda has plaque psoriasis on her legs.
- Melissa is breast feeding and asks Dr. Wallach if she can safely use the Youngevity "Balance Cream".
- Jean has had 3 rounds of antibiotics in the last few months to treat chronic allergies and wants to avoid more antibiotics.
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the most recent U.S. News and World Report that indicates there are 15 million casualties in the medical industry each year. Also outlining the amount of money spent on health care in this country is in the trillions. Despite the fact that Americans still rank 46th in health and longevity when compared to other industrialized nations.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent news articile concerning "anesthesia awareness" also known as "unintended intraoperative awareness". These two terms are used to describe when the anesthesiologist gives you the drug that paralyzes your muscles but does not give you a general anesthesia to put you to sleep. Leaving the patient awake while they having a procedure performed on their bodies. Leaving the patient with post traumatic stress syndrome following the surgery.
- Jackie has questions concerning psoriasis.
- Michael has questions regarding mixing other nutritional products with those produced by Youngevity.
- Debra has two questions the first concerns the antioxidant properties in any of Hershey's powdered chocolate. Second she asks Dr. Wallach if garlic pills can be given to dogs and cats.
- Caroline has questions concerning air-borne allergens.
- Molly's daughter has been diagnosed with a fungal skin infection.
- Barbara has a testimonial concerning the restoration of color to her hair through taking nutritional supplements.
Dr. Wallach discusses the importance of antioxidants for good health. Outlining several Youngevity products that are rich in antioxidants.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning the death of former Play Boy model Anna Nicole Smith. The Florida medical examiner is reporting that 11 different prescription medications were found in Smith's hotel room. All eleven of the drugs were prescribed by pychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich a personal friend of Smith. According to one expert on phamaceutical drugs 5 or 6 of the drugs found in Smith's bloodstream had over-lapping mechanisms of action. Also stating they should never have been prescribed or taken at the same time.
- Sonny has a new grandchild and the mother can't nurse so he's concerned about the baby getting the proper nutrients it needs.
- Mary's doctor told her she has thick blood and prescribed a blood thinner.
- James has a dog that keeps chewing the fur off of it's paws.
- Carl has two questions the first concerns a friend diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Second he asks about the healing properties of cinnamon.
- Addie has bone spurs on her neck and her doctor wants to perform surgery to remove them.