Dr. Wallach discusses the on going strife between Israel and Hezbollah. Asserting that because of the U.S. alliance with Israel the situation increases the risk of terrorism in this country. Contending that the book "God Bless America" is a great resource in preparing for impending terrorist disasters. Doc also recommends the "Hell's Kitchen" book and "Slender FX" for weight loss.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story concerning a research study published in the journal Diabetes Care. The study done at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland found a correlation between lower length-to-height ratio and the risk of type II diabetes. Find that one standard deviation lower leg lenght-to-height ratio increased diabetes risk 19%.
- Dan has a deteriorated disk in his lower back.
- Wanda was on depression medication for over 25 years and after getting on a supplement program she was able to wean off of her medications.
- Bernie calls to thank Dr. Wallach and Youngevity for developing the "Slender FX" product.
- Mark asks Dr. Wallach is using olive oil on salads is ok if he is trying to lose weight.
- Brenden has questions concerning colloidal minerals.
Dr. Wallach begins the show discussing the recent declaration of war by Israel on Lebanon. Asserting that since the U.S. is an allie terrorist attacks could be possible here in America. Contending that people should prepare themselves and citing the "God Bless America" book as good resource material on the subject.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent news story regarding a legal case in Virginia. In the case a 16 year old boy is refusing chemo-therapy for Hodgkin's disease. The boy Abraham Cherrix previously had 3 months of chemo and does not want to repeat the experience. Judge Jesse E. Demps has now issued a temporary order finding Abraham's parents negligent for supporting his refusal of the treatment. Demps has also ordered shared custody of Abraham between the parents and the Accomack County Department of Social Services. The parents and Abraham believe a doctor reported them to county social services. Doug and Doc agree with the family's attorney Barry Taylor that this is an example of government assault on the American famiily and has far reaching ramifications nationwide.
- Dwayne's wife was recently scratched and biten by a stray cat and are concerned over possible health risks.
- Robert has problems with a sore knee and shoulder and is looking for alternatived methods for pain relief.
- Lydia's husband is on the "Pig Pack" and has questions concerning the "Slender FX" product from Youngevity.
Dr. Wallach warns of the dangers of exercising with out replacing the nutrients lost through sweating. Recommending the "Dead Athletes Don't Lie" CD as a good resource to learn more about this concept. Doc also mentions weight loss and the role leptins play in fat storage within the human body. Asserting that the new Youngevity product "Slender FX" is a good way to combat leptin production.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news articles regarding health issues. The first article concerns two studies published in the Archives of Opthalmology. The studies done in the U.S. and Australia found up to a 40% decreased risk of macular degeneration in people who ate fish once or twice a week. Next they discuss a news article concerning the drug "Effexor" made by Wyeth. A watch dog group recently found that Wyeth had added "homicidal ideation" to the drug's list of adverse effects. Although, rare the drug has been associated with homicidal thoughts but the manufacturer did not notify doctors or issue warning labels. Andrea Yates the mother who drowned her 5 children was taking twice the recommended dose for months prior to the drownings.
- Judy recently had a hair analysis and found her calcium to magnesium levels are off.
- John's wife has been diagnosed with low cortisol levels and suffers from fatigue.
- Herb's doctor has told him that his blood iron levels are too high.
- Lisa suffers from mastitis and is curious if she can use Yougevity's "CM Creme" for pain relief.
- Nancy has questions concerning colloidal silver.