A 19 year-old man was listed in critical condition in a Bay Area trauma center tonight. That after he was shot in Watsonville just before 6:30 p.m. The shooting took place on the 1200 block of Main Street, in the rear parking lot of the La Princessa Market. Anyone with any information about the shooter (or the shooting) is encouraged to contact the Watsonville Police Department.
A CALLER HAS REPORTED THAT THERE IS A TREE DOWN ON UPPER ZAYANTE. HE SAYS IT'S ABOUT 3 MILES BELOW THE SUMMIT, AND IS COMPLETELY BLOCKING THE ROADWAY.
A 21 year-old Watsonville woman has been arrested in connection with Saturday’s fatal hit-and-run incident that too place in Soquel. Julissa Guzman faces a charge of Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated, after the vehicle she was driving hit and killed 86 year-old Capitola resident Kathryn Stokes. Guzman’s bail was set at half a million dollars.
A Safe Parking program that was supposed to kick off Friday in Marina has been delayed, and it may be moved to another location. The original plan was to be able to “Safe Park” up to 15 vehicles in the county-owned lot on the 2600 block of First Avenue….but now, due to poor lighting in that lot being a safety hazard, there is talk of maybe finding another location in the general area. The situation is expected to be discussed during tomorrow’s Monterey County Board Of Supervisors meeting.
A Watsonville known gang member was arrested after he led Salinas police officers on a chase yesterday morning. 24 year-old Cesar Nieblas reportedly led officers on that chase after they responded to calls about him arguing with his girlfriend on the 600 block of Williams Road. Nieblas was said to be in possession of a firearm while that argument was taking place. He was booked into Monterey County Jail.
All 12 hand-painted Christmas Ornaments, some of which were reported stolen last month, are now back with their rightful owner. The ornaments were taken while on display along the 2200 block of Valencia Road in Aptos. They were found at a home on East Lake Avenue in Watsonville.
An investigation is being conducted in connection with a Ben Lomond man shooting his adult son in self-defense yesterday. The shooting was called in about 4:20 p.m., from a home on the 100 block of Ridge Road. The son was declared dead at the scene. A homicide committed in self-defense may be considered “justified”, and therefore non-criminal.
FREEZE AND COASTAL FLOOD WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN THE TRI-COUNTY AREA.
- The Freeze Warning is for the overnight hours between now and Wednesday morning. It covers the Southern Salinas Valley, Arroyo Seco, Lake San Antonio, Greenfield and King City areas.
- The Coastal Flood Warning is in-place until 3 p-m tomorrow in the coastal area between San Francisco and just south of Big Sur. Extreme high and low tides can be expected.
More Articles ...
- Power Out In Boulder Creek 12/04/17B 16:15 S.S.
- UPDATE: Highway 9 Closed N Of BC 12/04/17B 17:30 S.S.
- HIGHWAY 9 CLOSED N OF BC 12/04/17B 15:58 S.S.
- Man Dies is Solo Car Crash 12-04-17 T.A.
- Monterey Firemen's Charitable Association Annual Toy Drive 12-04-17 T.A.
- Abandoned Building Catches on Fire 12-04-17 T.A
- Bomb Squad Called Out to Monterey Airport 12-04-17 T.A.
- Big Sur Resident Opens Fire at Hospital 12-04-17 T.A.