Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news story concerning two famous Americans recently diagnosed with cancer. The first is computer innovator Steve Jobs and then actor Patrick Swayze both diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Doc contends that if they had been supplementing with trace mineral selenium they might not have gotten cancer.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a report released by the public interest group AARP. The report found that since last year drug prices for many widely prescribed drugs have risen an average of 7.4% thats more than two and a half times normal inflation. Some drug prices have risen by nearly 30% and experts believe this is a side effect of the Medicare drug benefits plan.
- Brenda was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
- Paul has hyperplasia and wants a nutritional plan.
- Cherie has been experiencing severe headaches.
- Susan wants to get off of her Cumidin prescription.
- Brandon has an irregular heart beat.