Pharmacist Ben Fuchs fills in for Dr. Wallach. Ben starts the show today discussing a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. The study found that once women stopped taking HRT (hormone replacement therapy) heart problems started to diminish. However, the study found that cancer risks did not in fact risks from other types of cancer became more prevelant. The original study found an increased risk of breast cancer. While the later study found that lung tumors seemed to increase even after stopping the HRT.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Ben Fuchs continue discussing health problems brought on by the use of HRT.
- Eilene has questions concerning depression and eczema.
- Jane asks Ben about H pylori (bacteria known to cause ulcers).
- Rudy has questions regarding weight gain and dry skin.
- Jack's friend has a son recently diagnosed with type II diabetes.
- Ken has questions concerning closipine a drug prescribed for anxiety.