Dr. Wallach discusses a recent study that indicates our children and grandchildren won't live as long as us. The study found that of the children with the metabolic syndrome 1 out of 5 will die from stroke or heart attach in their 30's and 40's. This compared to the norm which is one out of every sixty seven.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of news articles. The first concerns a statistics released by the Japanese government found that Japanese girls born last can expect to live to be 85.8 years old. While men from Iceland will live the longest among men at an average of 79.4 years. The second article concerns a study that found a more costly and less effective in vitro fertilization treatment has increased in use by 47%.
- Leigh's husband has been diagnosed with plaque in his aorta.
- Tim's wife has been suffering with adhesive lesion disease for several years.
- Elizabeth has a 5 year old daughter with extremely sensitive skin and bug bites take weeks to heal.
- Laura has a dog with an ear infection.
- Amy has a child with hypothyroidism.