Dr. Wallach starts todays show discussing a recent study concerning vegatable consumption. The study found that eating lots of fruits and vegatables did not cut the risk of cancer. Doc asserts that this is because todays fruits and veggies don't have enough minerals and antioxidants.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news articles. The first concerns a report published in the journal of Epidemiological Reviews that states at the current weight gain rate 75% of adults in the U.S. will be over-weight. The second article concerns research done at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) that is promoting an old ulcer procedure as a possible weight loss technique.
- Adrianne has two questions the first concerns her daughter who is nursing a 5 month old baby. Second she asks Dr. Wallach about chronic hives.
- Mary's sister is suffering from bunions.
- Eileen has a friend who has blood in his urine.
- Alice (email) has a friend on 4 different hypertension medications and is experiencing memory loss.
- Terry has a friend diagnosed with arthritis in the spine.