Pharmacist Ben Fuchs fills in for Dr. Wallach. Ben discusses a recent Harvard study that predicts the Avian flu could kill 350,000 Americans and millions more worldwide. Asserting that if people get on a nutritonal plan now that bolsters their immune system they can reduce their risk of getting flus. Ben also discusses the importance of vitamin A in the diet. Explaining the difference between betacarotine and vitamin A.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Ben Fuchs discuss a recent study done by the Harvard School of Public Health, Beth Israel Medical Center and Wageningen University in the Netherlands. The study found that moderate drink of alcohol may reduce the risk of heart attacks in men. But the study cautioned that more than two drinks a day did not give the same result.
- Linda has questions regarding circulation issues.
- Diane's doctor wants to remove her gall bladder.
- Shirley's son has chronic ear infections and his doctor wants to do surgery.
- Rusty has been diagnosed with psoriasis.
- Kevin's son has been diagnosed with A.D.D.