Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the recent problem of ecoli in fresh spinich. Outlining the various ways ecoli can get into the food chain. Also contending that although ecoli comes from animal waste. It is more commonly found in fruits and vegatables than in meats contaminating through fertilizers. With another contributing factor being the fact that most people don't properly wash their fresh vegatables.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent survey regarding hand washing. The survey sponsored by the "Soap and Detergent Association" found that many people don't wash their hands often enough throughout the day. Also most don't wash their hands long enough to properly remove dirt and germs. The CDC recommends that people scrub for 20 seconds or longer. The survey found most Americans if the wash at all wash less than 20 seconds.
- Linda asks Dr. Wallach about hair loss.
- Mildred is suffering from chronic constipation.
- Sue has questions concerning food allergies and thyroid function.
- Harold has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
- Marylin has low thyroid function and has questions regarding her medication.