Nurse Joanne Conaway fills in for Dr. Wallach. Joanne discusses a recent news article regarding deformed fish. Researchers found the fish had high levels of hormones absorbed from the waters in which they swam. The hormones are now found in the oceans and waterways and the source is pharmaceuticals.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Joanne Conaway discuss a recent study that found a link between Omega-3 fatty acids and lowered blood pressure. Researchers surveyed nearly 5000 people ages 40-59 in Japan, China, Britain and the U.S. regarding their dietary habits. Those who ate more foods such as fish, nuts and seeds rich in Omega-3's overall averaged lower blood pressures.
- Mary has been diagnosed with celiac disease.
- Sandra's daughter has had MS (multiple sclerosis) for several years.
- Barbara has questions concerning age spots.
- Joseph is a stroke victim with spinal problems and thyroid function issues.
- Leonard asks Joanne about the enzyme EDTA.