Dr. Wallach discusses a recent "Readers Digest" issue article titled "How Doctors Gamble With Your Life". The article contends that whenever test results indicate as serious disease patients should ask for a second test. Also contending that patients should carry with then previous medical records to show the doctor. Dr. Wallach recommends his book "Let's Play Doctor" as a resource regarding tests and diseases.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story concerning a recent dietary survey. The survey of over 1000 Americans found that although people know they should supplement their diet only 46% use multivitamins. While 58% revealed they did not eat a balanced diet on a regular basis. Dr. Wallach contends that these multivitamins dont' have any minerals and aren't as bio-available as they should be.
Brenda's son has been diagnosed with ADHD but doesn't want him on drugs.
Elenor has a friend whose dog has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia.
Dr. Wallach discusses the on going strife between Israel and Hezbollah. Asserting that because of the U.S. alliance with Israel the situation increases the risk of terrorism in this country. Contending that the book "God Bless America" is a great resource in preparing for impending terrorist disasters. Doc also recommends the "Hell's Kitchen" book and "Slender FX" for weight loss.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story concerning a research study published in the journal Diabetes Care. The study done at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland found a correlation between lower length-to-height ratio and the risk of type II diabetes. Find that one standard deviation lower leg lenght-to-height ratio increased diabetes risk 19%.
- Dan has a deteriorated disk in his lower back.
- Wanda was on depression medication for over 25 years and after getting on a supplement program she was able to wean off of her medications.
- Bernie calls to thank Dr. Wallach and Youngevity for developing the "Slender FX" product.
- Mark asks Dr. Wallach is using olive oil on salads is ok if he is trying to lose weight.
- Brenden has questions concerning colloidal minerals.
Dr. Wallach begins the show discussing the recent declaration of war by Israel on Lebanon. Asserting that since the U.S. is an allie terrorist attacks could be possible here in America. Contending that people should prepare themselves and citing the "God Bless America" book as good resource material on the subject.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent news story regarding a legal case in Virginia. In the case a 16 year old boy is refusing chemo-therapy for Hodgkin's disease. The boy Abraham Cherrix previously had 3 months of chemo and does not want to repeat the experience. Judge Jesse E. Demps has now issued a temporary order finding Abraham's parents negligent for supporting his refusal of the treatment. Demps has also ordered shared custody of Abraham between the parents and the Accomack County Department of Social Services. The parents and Abraham believe a doctor reported them to county social services. Doug and Doc agree with the family's attorney Barry Taylor that this is an example of government assault on the American famiily and has far reaching ramifications nationwide.
- Dwayne's wife was recently scratched and biten by a stray cat and are concerned over possible health risks.
- Robert has problems with a sore knee and shoulder and is looking for alternatived methods for pain relief.
- Lydia's husband is on the "Pig Pack" and has questions concerning the "Slender FX" product from Youngevity.