Dr. Wallach discusses a recent report concerning medical mistakes. The report states that 15 million Americans are harmed by medical mistakes each year.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story regarding the "Blue Zone". This zone is an area in northwestern Costa Rica where residents live much longer than those in other parts of Costa Rica. The researchers aren't really sure why this is but suspect in could be something in the water. The article also mentions that in this area women still use wood fires to cook thier food. Doc contends they most likely put the wood ashes into their gardens. Thus giving them nutrients in the food grown in those gardens.
- Henry has several health challenges including, myasthenia gravis, hypertension, arthritis and congestive heart disease.
- Bill has a friend diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis).
- Velma has a friend undergoing dialysis and is concerned about nutrients.
- Terri's father recently had an ischemic stroke.
Dr. Wallach addresses the issue of weight gain and obesity. Contending that no diet or weight loss program will be effective over the long haul unless people deal with the root cause. Asserting that the root cause is "pica and cribbing" which is a nutritional defeciency.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach continue discussing the weight loss topic. Discussing a news story that outlines what the author believes will aid in weight loss. The author contends there are three main parts to attaining a "flat stomach". First is digestion followed by proper amounts of "good bacteria" to and finally choosing the right diet with plenty of fresh foods and staying away from processed foods.
- Will has questions regarding food cravings.
- Kathy has a cat that has a tumor.
- Terri's dog has been diagnosed with cataracts.
- Jenny's father has been diagnosed with metastatic carcinoma.