A mushroom poisoning treatment developed at Dominican Hospital saved the lives of a Canadian Couple who ate deadly death angel mushrooms gathered from Pinnacles National Park this weekend. This amatoxin poisoning drug was developed by Dominican Doctor Todd Mitchell 8 years ago and is made from silibinin that comes from the common milk thistle. The clinical trail for the treatment is based at Dominican, which distributes and stocks the drug. Kenneth Monroe and his wife Irene, who ate the poisonous mushrooms, were treated at Dominican and are currently recovering. Irene was discharged from Dominican yesterday and Kenneth is expected to be discharged tomorrow.