Dr. Wallach discusses the importance of weight loss in relationship to avoiding the metabolic syndrome or pre-diabetes. Doc outlines how the Youngevtiy product Slender FX works by affecting the body's production of the hormone leptin. Also listing several other Youngevity products the aid in weight loss.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of recent news articles. The first articles concerns a study that found a link between cola consumption and lowered bone mineral density. The second article concerned the relationship of belly fat and an increased risk of pre-diabetes.
- Carol has a testimonial about how well the Pig Pack as worked for her in solving health challenges.
- Janette has a dog with increased calcium blood levels.
- Andre's wife has been diagnosed with a swollen liver.
- Sandra has been diagnosed with breast cysts.
Dr. Wallach starts the show giving an advisory regarding new E-coli contaminations in lettuce. Doc discusses the death of Australian Olympic medalist Peter Norman. Outlining the fact that athletes rarely live to be 100 and often don't live as long as coach potatoes. Asserting that this is because while they are sweating during training and their respective events the sweat is a nutrient rich soup. If these nutrients aren't replaced the athlete is at risk of getting diseases caused by nutritional deficiencies.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss several news stories. The first two concern health practioners who are in trouble with the law. One concerning a dentist who over dosed a 5 year old girl and she died. Second they discuss a doctor in Spain who was sexually abusing some of his patients. The third story concerns a study done at UCLA that found some peoples brains can have side effects from chemotherapy that last as long as 10 years.
- Ron is having trouble with an inflammed throat that makes it difficult to swallow.
- Mark has questions concerning chronic bronchitis.
- Becky had breast cancer a couple of years ago and has recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
Pharmacist Ben Fuchs fills in for Dr. Wallach. Ben asserts that cancers is one of the biggest killers of Americans each year. Outlining that the major cause of cancer is the toxins in and around our bodies. Ben details the ways the human body detoxifies using various nutrients.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Ben Fuchs discuss a recent news article regarding folate and folic acid. The article outlines how the FDA mandated folic acid enriched grains in 1998 in an effort to reduce neural tube defects in infants. The result was a 20-30% drop in neural tube defects. However the end goal was to have at least 50% of childbearing age women taking 400 micrograms per day. A recent research indicates that goal has not been met. With most women in all groups taking only somewhere around 100 micrograms daily.
- Bobbie is a 45 year old woman who weighs 240 pounds and wants to lose weight.
- Liz has questions concerning time released vitamin B products.
- Sheila has a friend who has drug induced tremors.
- Sonny's wife and child are both over weight and looking for ways to lose weight.
- Bill is a diabetic trying to lose weight and calls with a testimonial about how well Youngevity's Slender FX product has worked in helping him lose weight.