A 21 year-old man is being sought in connection with a Sunday night stabbing in Salinas. Finees Ruiz is believed to have stabbed a 19 year-olds multiple times, while the 2 were in the Ross parking lot on North Main Street. Anyone with information on Ruiz’s “whereabouts”, or the stabbing, is encouraged to contact the Salinas Police Department.
Santa Cruz county election officials say they have finished tallying all of the Mail-In Ballots cast by Santa Cruz county voters November 8th. The next step is tallying the approximately 7,500 Provisional Ballots. They hope to have their final tally complete by Friday.
There are still several close local races….
- As of Friday, Watonsville’s District 2 City Council race had Oscar Rios with 631 votes, while contender David Hermosillo had 622 votes. Watsonville’s District 6 race had incumbent Trina Coffman-Gomez with 957 votes and Doreen Martinez with 924.
- For one remaining Capitola City Council seat, incumbent Ed Bottorff had 1,490 votes, while write-in candidate Sam Storey had 1,422.
- Measure D, which requires more than 66.6 percent of the vote to pass, continues to hold slim approval, with 67.46 percent support.
Final certification of the November 8th election is expected to occur on December 6th.
Monterey police officers are asking for the public’s assistance in connection with last Wednesday’s fatal shooting. That after 28 year-old Raul Melendez was killed while on Wave Street in the Monterey Cannery Row area. The shooting occurred just after 1:30 a.m.
Monterey police officers are asking for the public’s assistance in connection with last Wednesday’s fatal shooting. That after 28 year-old Raul Melendez was killed while on Wave Street in the Monterey Cannery Row area. The shooting occurred just after 1:30 a-m.
A man is being sought in connection with an alleged attack on a woman last night in Salinas. The 21 year-old woman reported that it happened just after 7 p-m, on the 600 block of Hartnell Street. She described her attacker as a 5 foot 7 inch tall, 19 year-old, Hispanic man who weighs about 175 pounds.
A man died after he crashed the vehicle he was driving in Gilroy early this morning. The 12:46 a.m. accident caused delays on southbound Highway 101 near Highway 25. The cause of the fatal incident is being investigated.
A local rally, to support the protestors at Standing Rock in North Dakota, is planned for Thursday in downtown Santa Cruz. Protestors say they want to bring attention to some of the banks (and other corporations) that are supporting the Dakota Access Pipeline. The local rally is scheduled to be held at the Bank Of America at 104 River Street from 9 a-m until 5 p-m December 1st. Several locals have suffered injuries there, including watsonville native Noah-Michael Treanor, who graduated from Pajaro Valley High in 2013; and 2014 Santa Cruz High Graduate (and former U-C-S-C student) Gabriela Benish-Kalna.
3 people, who were connected with a boat that landed at Ano Nuevo State Beach Sunday, were detained in connection with a suspected drug smuggling scheme. The Coast Guard had been tracking the boat before it landed……and San Mateo County Sheriff’s Deputies And ICE Officers met and detained the people at the landing site. The investigation of this case is ongoing.
More Articles ...
- November 28, 2016: Watsonville: Kelly's Books
- November 28, 2016: Fundraiser for Sean Arlt's Son
- November 28, 2016: Beach Cleanup
- November 28, 2016: Salinas Gang Member Arrested
- November 28, 2016: Salinas Man Stabbed
- Seaside Horse Track-11/27/16-1232-pmd
- SC Boys and Girls Club Event-11/27/16-1205-PMD
- Giving Tuesday in SC-11/27/16-1139-PMD