Dr. Wallach discusses the new Youngevity product Cocogevity. Explaining that the legendary "Juice Man" Jay Kordich is the spokes person because the product is so good.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent research study concerning juices and Alzheimer's and heart disease. The study conducted at the University of Glasgow in Scotland was published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. The study found that purple grape juice has higher levels of the antioxidant polyphenols than orange, apple, grapefruit, cranberry, pineapple or tomato juices.
- Jim has questions concerning taking iron and calcium supplements at the same time.
- Flo's 102 year old mother won't eat and she is looking for ways to get nutrtion into her mom.
- George is a diabetic who is obese and wanting to lose weight.
- Wes was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 14 years ago and is looking for a nutritonal plan.
Dr. Wallach starts todays show talking about one of Youngevity's newest products the antioxidant juice drink "Cocogevity". This chocolate flavored fruit drink has the highest ORAC value of any product on the market with over 85,000 ORAC points in each bottle. Doc also explains the importance of antioxidant supplementation.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news stories. The first concerns St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, New York. At this hospital as many as 700 people were exposed to tuberculosis. Apparently, a hospital worker who had active TB worked in the neonatal intensive care unit, the well-baby nursery, the maternity ward and the psychiatric ward. So far 3 people has turned up with positive tests to TB exposure.
- Gayle has a dog that has been diagnosed with heart worms.
- Neil has two questions the first his sister who has been diagnosed with diabetes. Next he has questions concerning himself and his leg that has severe edema.
- Judy has two questions one about a 6 month old with eczema and the second about an adult woman with rosecia.
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the recent Iditarod Sled Dog Race. Outlining how Lance Mackey the winner used 13 of his 16 dogs from the same team of dogs that won the Quest International Sled Dog race just 12 days before. Making Mackey the first to win both races back to back in the same year. Asserting that usually following a 1000 mile race the dogs are so banged up the cannot compete any more. The difference is that Mackey had been giving his dogs Youngevity's "Arthydex" as part of their nutritional plan. While Mackey himself used Rebound FX to hydrate himself during the race.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of news stories. The first concerns obestiy surgery and a link to Wernicke encephalopathy a brain disorder caused by a thiamine deficiency. Next they dicuss another story concerning the "weekend effect" where researchers have found that patients have a higher risk of dying from heart attack or stroke if they are admitted on a weekend.
- Charlene has questions concerning a dog with a heart murmur.
- Richard has arthritis and leg pain.
- Ann is struggling with high cholesterol levels.
- Janice is using the Slender FX product but is still having difficulty losing weight.