Dr. Wallach begins the show discussing the recent declaration of war by Israel on Lebanon. Asserting that since the U.S. is an allie terrorist attacks could be possible here in America. Contending that people should prepare themselves and citing the "God Bless America" book as good resource material on the subject.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent news story regarding a legal case in Virginia. In the case a 16 year old boy is refusing chemo-therapy for Hodgkin's disease. The boy Abraham Cherrix previously had 3 months of chemo and does not want to repeat the experience. Judge Jesse E. Demps has now issued a temporary order finding Abraham's parents negligent for supporting his refusal of the treatment. Demps has also ordered shared custody of Abraham between the parents and the Accomack County Department of Social Services. The parents and Abraham believe a doctor reported them to county social services. Doug and Doc agree with the family's attorney Barry Taylor that this is an example of government assault on the American famiily and has far reaching ramifications nationwide.
- Dwayne's wife was recently scratched and biten by a stray cat and are concerned over possible health risks.
- Robert has problems with a sore knee and shoulder and is looking for alternatived methods for pain relief.
- Lydia's husband is on the "Pig Pack" and has questions concerning the "Slender FX" product from Youngevity.
Dr. Wallach warns of the dangers of exercising with out replacing the nutrients lost through sweating. Recommending the "Dead Athletes Don't Lie" CD as a good resource to learn more about this concept. Doc also mentions weight loss and the role leptins play in fat storage within the human body. Asserting that the new Youngevity product "Slender FX" is a good way to combat leptin production.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news articles regarding health issues. The first article concerns two studies published in the Archives of Opthalmology. The studies done in the U.S. and Australia found up to a 40% decreased risk of macular degeneration in people who ate fish once or twice a week. Next they discuss a news article concerning the drug "Effexor" made by Wyeth. A watch dog group recently found that Wyeth had added "homicidal ideation" to the drug's list of adverse effects. Although, rare the drug has been associated with homicidal thoughts but the manufacturer did not notify doctors or issue warning labels. Andrea Yates the mother who drowned her 5 children was taking twice the recommended dose for months prior to the drownings.
- Judy recently had a hair analysis and found her calcium to magnesium levels are off.
- John's wife has been diagnosed with low cortisol levels and suffers from fatigue.
- Herb's doctor has told him that his blood iron levels are too high.
- Lisa suffers from mastitis and is curious if she can use Yougevity's "CM Creme" for pain relief.
- Nancy has questions concerning colloidal silver.
Dr. Wallach discusses the various Youngevtiy CDs, DVDs and books available for information regarding the H5N1 flu. Asserting that people need to be prepared in the event of a pandemic. He also discusses the leptin plays in weight gain. Suggesting the new "Slender FX" product from Youngevity for weight loss.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss three news articles. The fisrt concerns the first known case of bird flu found in Spain. Second they discuss a recent study regarding the relationship between calcium supplementation and weight gain. The study done at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center found that women who consumed 500 milligrams or more over the course of 10 years gained less weight than women not on supplements. Finally, Doug and Doc talk about a form of yoga that is sweeping the country. The yoga called "Bikram" or hot yoga focuses on 26 postiions and the room temperature is raised to 105 degrees.
- Beverly has a friend who is a trucker wanting a natural method for staying awake and alert.
- Lydia has questions concerning the "Slender FX" product.
- Evelyn has diabetes and is having severe amounts of peripheral neuropathies.
- Jay has been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy.
- Karen has pancreatitis and is looking for alternative methods of treatment.