Dr. Wallach discusses a news article regarding new therapies for damaged knees. Researchers are experimenting with using "cartilage plugs" to help rebuild knee joints. Doc asserts that the technology of how to rebuild joints already exists. Contending that if you give the body right nutrients and building blocks the body can rebuild joints and ligaments.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding salt and hypertension. The story outlines the revised "Dietary Guidelines for Americans" that wants people to reduce their sodium intake to avoid hypertension. The article also defines the differences between sodium and "table salt".
- Burt calls back to get more information for a friend who's been diagnosed with cervical cancer.
- Ginny is a diabetic looking for advise on a nutritional supplementation plan.
- Angie is experiencing periphal neuropathies due to osteoporosis.
- Ivora has two questions the first regards a diabetic with low libido. Second she has questions concerning an eighty six year old woman with constipation and insomnia.
Dr. Wallach discusses the avian flu after the discovery of wild swans in the great lakes region of the U.S. that have contracted the disease. He also discusses weight loss and cites his "Hell's Kitchen" book as a good resource that explains weight gain and the metabolic syndrome. He recommends the new Youngevity product "Slender FX" as a good weight loss aid.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding "off label" promotion of some medications. The article specifically outlines a case involving a phychiatrist from Maryland that was recently indicted by the federal government.
- Pat has questions concerning osteoarthritis and diabetes.
- Gary is a recent liver recipient and has questions concerning supplemental nutrients.
- Margaret has two questions the first concerns her dog that has heart problems. Second she asks Dr. Wallach to explain the relationship between body PH levels and disease.
- Burt has a friend diagnosed with cancer in the lymphatic system.