The Tassajara Fire remains at 90% containment. It has burned 213 acres since it started last Wednesday. The remaining 10% is in an inaccessible area. Crews began suppression repair, trash backhaul, patrol and mop-up today. Demobilization began today as well. No evacuations are in effect. Tassajara Ridge Road is expected to reopen tomorrow. The Jamesburg-Tassajara Road is currently open only to residents.
For public safety, portions of the following trails are not recommended for use until after the fire is completely out:
Marble Peak Trail
Pine Ridge Trail
Carmel River Trail
Miller Canyon Trail
Full containment of the Tassajara Fire is expected tomorrow (Tuesday).
- - - - - Rancho Fire - - - - -
The Rancho Fire, which started Friday 2 miles north of Lebec, but has moved into the eastern side of that portion of the Los Padres National Forest, has burned 722 acres, and is 92% contained. Full Containment of that fire is expected this Wednesday.